Sunday, July 5, 2015

Section 31B - Wired Up - build time 1089 hours

Section 31B - Wiring - is for the most part complete. There's a couple small tasks that involve parts that need to be primed. I also need to see how I'm going to plumb the AOA and Pitot lines from the wing but that will come in good time. I'm jumping  around a bit now as it moves along but the instructions lead you to that and some of the chapters are short (31 was long). I was looking forward to this section and it turned out to be really simple. I could imagine doing this with out a harness and labeling the wires - it would take much more time and planning - but this went pretty quickly. I decided to lace the wire bundles with wax string like we use to do back in the day. It turned out nice but added some time to it. Happy with the progress.
I've gathered the parts that need primer from sections 31, 32 and 33. Those will get primed in the next two weeks or so. That covers the electrical, controls and covers which is needed to lay down the upholstery.

Making progress.
Avionics bay
Tunnel 
Control Area
Fuel Area
Between the two bulkheads

No comments:

Post a Comment