Sunday, July 12, 2015

Section 30 Complete - Wings attached

Needed to remove some of the bottom skin to account for the doublers.
Today a couple friends came up and we finished up section 30, wing attach. Since I made the spare pins while wiring up the plane it was simply a matter of sliding them in far enough to see that the opening in the side skin needed to be opened up. Once we could slide both wings in and pin them the bottom skin needed about an 1/8 to 3/32 removed due to the side skin doublers. My kit came just about the time when they issued that SB so perhaps newer kits don't need as much trimming. We also attached the flapperons but I didn't shave anything off of them. I need to rig them first to see what full up deflection is. Once that's established we'll trim them out if needed. There's about two or three big days with the wings before I send them off for paint and store them in the hanger. I need to attach the SB doubler and I want to prime under the nav light. I also need them to do the rigging. The project is starting to jump around a bit now but it should all work out. Next day spent with the project will be getting section 31, 32 and 33 primed.
This _is_ my happy face. I sure do look like my father.
Baby bird spreads her wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment