Saturday, December 8, 2012

Page 07-04 Build Time: 47 hrs

Spent the day getting the VS skin and all the rudder parts through primer. I spent quite a bit of time setting up a paint booth and making sure no over spray would make it's way around the shop. The booth is small but it seems to do all right.

I'm using four exhaust fans which comes to 200 CFM. It seems to do the trick. It doesn't keep the smell down too much since I'm always in and out of the booth but I didn't see any paint outside of the booth (the bike wasn't in the shop while I was painting in case anyone wondered).

The finished product looks nice. I noticed more paint this time which is odd. The first time I was outside and actually working in the dark and the parts came out excellent. Now I have plenty of light and it's going on heavy. I'm still weighing pre and post so we'll see what the difference is tomorrow after they've had a chance to cure.

It's pretty hard getting into all the litter corners with the gun.
I finally have enough parts to start assembly. I think it will go together quickly now. No debuting, no drilling just put it together and be carful to follow the directions so I only have to assemble it once.
I expect to make good progress tomorrow but I do have to take a look at the Cessna and if it needs more attention that may eat away the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment