Sunday, March 15, 2015

Section 26 complete - build time 905 hours

Section 26 - the seat backs are complete along with most of section 25 except I didn't attach the tail cone yet. It would be too big for the shop but I'm close to attaching it. The next sections are rudder, brakes and fuel system and at that point I may attach the tail cone because I think the wing attach is coming up. It's really starting to look like a plane. About 14 hours was spent redoing the forward skins and lower firewall. The assembly fell off the bench and it bent it a bit so I decided just to order new parts and rebuild it. It took some time to attach it but everything looks good.

Turtle deck cleco'd in place. This doesn't get riveted on until after the tail cone is attached.
Finished the seats Friday night after work. They went together pretty quickly.
Starting to look like a flying machine.
Seats came out nice. Time to have them finish the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment