Monday, October 27, 2014

Section 21 - Continuing with the Sled

Found time for about 9 hours of deburring, dimpling and getting the parts ready for primer. The last parts left that I haven't become intimate with are the steps which will be done in the next session. That may have to wait a couple weeks though.
Processed parts - ready to scuff and prime.
What's left to deburr of section 21 plus the bottom skin.
The sled mocked up with some of the parts. 
A different view - starting to look like an airplane.
Ended up putting in two 5/16 rivets. The ones that were in there were slightly mooned and I wanted to do better. By the time I drilled them out I ended up with the hole to large for a AN470-4. I thought of riveting in some baggage tie downs but I would prefer to use more than one rivet for that. In any case - this is as good as it gets and the ones that were in there were fine to begin with. 
Another 12 rivets that I reworked. The top rivet in the corner was put in with the factory head on this side but some of them didn't sit completely flat. I drilled them out and put them in from the other side - something I pretty much knew I should have done from the beginning. In any case - the little things that bother me are now buttoned up.

No comments:

Post a Comment