Friday, November 2, 2012

Santa Drives a Kenworth!

The empennage kit came today. The driver called and asked if there was enough room on the street for a forty five footer and I said sure without even thinking about it. When he came up the street I though no problem on the sides but he came close the the power lines! The box had some damage so the driver helped me open it up and pull enough out to make sure no skins were damaged. Vans does a great job of packing. I spent the rest of the day pulling everything out and doing the inventory. Only one part missing - a small plastic grommet that should have been in with the wire ties. Everything else was there including TEN THOUSAND pull rivets. I'll spend the rest of the weekend reading through the plans and taking care of other chores.

Besides being really excited about building an airplane I'm very impressed with the kit. The plans look to be top notch. I'm still on the fence about primer during the build. I have a 35 year old Cessna that grew up in FL and now lives in the SF bay area. It's had Corrosion X treatments most of it's life and has held up well. The bay area does take it's toll on the paint but the inside is in good shape for it's age. I doubt that primer on this plane would have made a difference in the areas that are problematic.

No comments:

Post a Comment