Sunday, March 17, 2013

Page 10-04 Build Time: 196 hrs

Managed to get in a solid 8 hours this weekend. I have all the parts for the tail cone ready for the final cleaning and then into primer. I still need to scuff and clean the skins but I've decided to go ahead and prime everything but the skins in the next session. Between final cleaning, setting up and cleanup afterward that will take most of a day. Once those parts are done I'll assemble the frames and rear bulkhead and then move to the skins.

It's hard to believe I started this section in Jan and now we're looking at the backend of March but the Cessna's annual and school took up a lot of weekends. Pretty much every weekend I've found time for both the RV and the Cessna (there's always something to work on) but both have to take a back seat to studying or there's no point to going to school.


It's bee a long haul to get to this point. The skins were a lot of work until I finally got the die grinder and some red scotch brit 2 inch pads - that knocked it down quite a bit. Once these parts are primed and assembled as far as can be I'll get back the final scuff and cleaning of the skins.

No comments:

Post a Comment